Summary of Project
DMG Media is one of the UK’s leading media companies with a portfolio of leading brands that includes the ‘Mail Online’, the World’s largest English-language newspaper, and the ‘Metro’, the world’s most-read free newspaper. Together the Mail and Metro Brands in print and online reach more than 26m* people a month.
The primary headquarters of DMG Media, Northcliffe house, has see extensive refurbishment and upgrades over the years.
A replacement and installation of switch panel’s and the various electrical systems required to supply them. The works also involved the electrical upgrade of the three main server rooms, including full co-ordination with the incumbent IT department in transferring all of the Comms cabinets to their alternative power supplies, prior to the shutdown.
* NRS PADD (Print & Digital inc. mobile) July 13 – June 14, comScore multi-platform July 2014
Scope of Works
- A replacement of the Existing UPS 1 and 2 input/output switch panel as well as the associated infrastructure upgrades.
- The installation of a form 4A type 2 800A riser changeover switch to integrate a temporary UPS to support the essential UPS riser 9 throughout the panel replacement process.
- The design, supply, install and commission of the replacement form 4A type 2 800A switch panel
- This included metering, sub metering, Castell interlocking of the 3no incoming power supplies, mimic panel, BMS monitoring of output MCCB’s/energy meters and graphical representation on the existing BMS system.
Site Address: Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, Kensington, W8 5TT
Programme: 26 Weeks
Client: DMG Media
Principal Contractor: Powerbase Building Services Ltd
Consultant: Harley Haddow LLP
Project Value: £395,000