Summary of Project
DMG Media is one of the UK’s leading media companies with a portfolio of leading brands that includes the ‘Mail Online’, the World’s largest English-language newspaper, and the ‘Metro’, the world’s most-read free newspaper. Together the Mail and Metro Brands in print and online reach more than 26m* people a month.
The primary headquarters of DMG Media, Northcliffe house, has see extensive refurbishment and upgrades over the years. A refurbishment of the 5th floor of Northcliffe house was undertaken which required the implementation of several electrical installations. A few examples of the installations that were carried out involved containment installation, lighting installation, small power Installation, and mechanical power supplies.
* NRS PADD (Print & Digital inc. mobile) July 13 – June 14, comScore multi-platform July 2014
Scope of Works
- New lighting / emergency lighting and control system to the office area (existing circuits were reused)
- Standalone lighting / emergency lighting to the C3 corridor and core 3 and 10 lift lobbies
- Installation of new under floor power track systems
- Installation of new cleaners small power circuits
- Testing of all existing lighting, power and heater battery distribution boards and outgoing circuits
- Installation of structured cabling containment
Site Address: Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, Kensington, W8 5TT
Client: DMG Media
Principal Contractor: Apex Contractors Ltd
Consultant: David Webb Associates Ltd
Project Value: £400,000