Summary of Project
The Capital House is located on the corner of Chapel Street and Edgware Road which supplies accommodation that is predominately used for private offices and meeting rooms. A replacement of the roof mounted chillers for this landmark building was required, as well as the associated power supply, BMS controls and pipe work alterations. The use of cranes to the 17th floor was also required to successfully complete the task.
Scope of Works
- The existing obsolete chillers were removed and replaced with new units manufactured by Trane UK Ltd
- The existing chilled water pumps and pipework circuits were retained with only external pipework being modified to suit the new plant
- The existing Motor Control Panel positioned in the adjacent plant room has been retained; this was operating and monitoring all plants at roof level.
- Circuit alterations were made to the controls cabling to suit the new chillers
- Installation of a new trace heating system to chilled water pipework and associated power supply
- The existing power supplies to the chillers were retained, adapted and tested as required
Site Address: Capital House, Chapel Street, London, NW1 5DH
Programme: 4 Weeks
Client’s Representative: Jones Lang LaSalle
Principal Contractor: Powerbase Building Services Ltd
Consultant: Harley Haddow LLP
Project Value: £155,000